Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Mary: What was your favorite part of your wedding?


When thinking back to our June 28, 2008 wedding, there are definitely a couple moments that stand out in my mind. My absolute favorite part of the day was exchanging our vows. A nice girl named Gina gave me some great advice prior to our wedding. She reminded me to really take in that moment, so that's what I did. It was as if time stood still in those few minutes and I truly remember every second of it. I remember feeling like no one else was in the church except my husband, myself and God. Words can't explain how great this memory is to me.



Another part of the day that I loved was dinner. It was great for both of us to see all the people we care about so much, together in one room. Our guests came from Germany, several different states, and many parts of Michigan. Although there was not so much time to talk to everyone I felt a real closeness to all our guests while we drank, ate, and laughed together. The speeches were great, the flowers on the tables looked beautiful, the guitar player we had was wonderful, and you could see that everyone was having a genuinely good time. After all the hard work it takes to plan a wedding, it's nice to see everything come together and your guests enjoying themselves. BUT, of course, the best, most spectacular part of my day, was my dress! Thanks to everyone at Gina's, you all truly made me feel like a princess, I got so many compliments:-)))


Mary





No comments: